Rotating banners with links
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Bike(s)
    11 ZX-10R, 11 GSXR 1000(3), 03 Busa, 99 zx7r, 97 zx7r, 95 zx7r, 03 ttr125, Scooter w/carbon fiber!
    Hate to hear this! Good luck with the search. Sadly I've had 3 vehicles stolen over the past couple years and the cops are worthless. They don't seem to even care about writing up the paperwork/report. Makes you sick! Look into GPS tracking solutions for the future, that's what I've been doing. That way you can find them yourself... and heaven help the thief then...

Quote Originally Posted by Sparks View Post
    Yea they have 6-7 locks on each bike

sadly I have no insurance its paid in full and I'm screwed
    I'm really sorry to hear this, but seriously. You store your bike(s) outside, in a parking lot, on stands, and you have NO insurance? Why not? For most, that would be the main reason to have insurance.

you could've had 20-30 locks on it, they would've been lifted with the bike also. Good luck man.

Name
    The Truth!!
    Bike(s)
    Scoot-Scoot 06 GSX-R600,07 GSX-R750,06 GSX-R750 race
    PEOPLE are still leaving bikes outside where they live???

Bike(s)
    Yamahas
    Let's not all crap on the guy who just had two motorcycles stolen.

There are some places where it is still safe to leave your motorcycle outside. I did just that for 6 years where I last lived. I figured it was safe enough because my former roommate's bike sat in the same driveway with no lock, no nothing for 4 years prior.

However, an apartment complex, or townhome/condo development with a huge parking lot (as the photos seem to suggest) is not a safe place.

I know 2 or 3 guys whose bikes got stolen from the same kind of parking lot. One got recovered only because the thief wrecked the bike in public.

Sorry that your bikes got nabbed.

Squid
    Name
    Joshua
    Bike(s)
    2011 ZX6R (stolen)
    I'd love to keep my bike inside a garage but I'm a college student and I can't afford a place with a garage

Even with my spotless driving history insurance was $249 a month because I'm only 23.

I'd love to keep my bike inside a garage but I'm a college student and I can't afford a place with a garage

Even with my spotless driving history insurance was $249 a month because I'm only 23.
    Shop around. I did when I was your age. It was still high, but not near that high, and I had a speeding ticket on my record at the time.. I lived in apartments/duplexes for a long time from Athens to Vinings/Smyrna, the best thing is to go for a ground-level and put it inside!

Name
    The Truth!!
    Bike(s)

Yeah I would like to have a safe for all my gold but I can't afford it nor can have one due to size home.So for now I just leave it outside in a dog house for the time being.It's cool I understand 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecV View Post
    Yeah I would like to have a safe for all my gold but I can't afford it nor can have one due to size home.So for now I just leave it outside in a dog house for the time being.It's cool I understand 100%.

Name
    The Truth!!
    Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TarzanMan View Post
    Let's not all crap on the guy who just had two motorcycles stolen.

There are some places where it is still safe to leave your motorcycle outside. I did just that for 6 years where I last lived. I figured it was safe enough because my former roommate's bike sat in the same driveway with no lock, no nothing for 4 years prior.

However, an apartment complex, or townhome/condo development with a huge parking lot (as the photos seem to suggest) is not a safe place.

I know 2 or 3 guys whose bikes got stolen from the same kind of parking lot. One got recovered only because the thief wrecked the bike in public.

Sorry that your bikes got nabbed.
    The risk leaving a bike outside anywhere isn't a good idea,and not having full liability insurance is just dumb if you're going to do so.I had a car get hit by a deer and totaled it out.Insurance would not fix it as I had the cheap policy,so there for I had to either buy another car or fix this one.I was out of pocket about 5k due to lack of insurance which would only cost me 120 bucks more a month at this time (18 years old).I didn't have that kinda of money and lost the car at tow yard for lack of payment for storage.I learned the hard way,as most have to do before they understand.NOW,I have full on everything,even if the times are hard I still keep that insurance handy for a rainy day.If you can't afford it, maybe you're outside your means and shouldn't but this type vehicle.

OP sorry for the loss hope you have or will learn from this.A simple search on this forum you will see ALMOST 100% of the bikes was either stolen at apartments or town homes.If that is a place you're living I advise you not to park a bike outside period.Just my 02 cents on this matter.
    If you hear your local walmart has plenty of car break-ins,I suggest not parking and leave anything valuable inside that car.Most likely it will get broken into and those things gone.
    Last edited by SpecV; 11-06-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Squid
    Name
    Joshua
    Bike(s)
    2011 ZX6R (stolen)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpecV View Post
    Thanks for being an ass, I just came here to ask people to keep an eye out for my stolen bikes not get lectured. I'm currently going to school full time usually taking 20-24 credits with no loans and I can't get any loans due to my bad credit from my home with a garage being foreclosed earlier this year. I Ride that bike year around even in the freezing rain to get to work but its ok I work over 30 minutes away and cant even get to work now.