Rotating banners with links
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Bike(s)
    2006 ZX-10R
    Sorry to hear this. I hope you hear something soon and get them both back, in good condition or not. I'll definitely keen an eye out.

Bike(s)
    Honda Cbr 600RR
    Sorry for your bike's being stolen but I would never ever leave my bike in the open period esp at night.

Good luck and look at Ace for insurance $250 a mo is rather high in my opinion holy shit make a small car payment with that amount of cash
    - I'm Eric and I approve this message

Name
    Adam
    Bike(s)
    2012 CBR 1000RR
    hate to hear your bike was stole. We got lucky and recovered one the other night that was being stole and someone spotted the guy stealing it. It was about 330 in the morning, dude was driving an old blazer (s10, not k5) and was leaving when they called 911. we just happen to be about 3 miles away and ended up catching up to the guy and got the dude's bike back. The dude loaded it into the back of the blazer by himself. Only major damage was some scratches, busted mirror, and the guy busted the ignition out of it, yeah he is going back to prison. But ususally stolen bikes don't show back up if they get away with them. I told the scum bag never f**k with a dudes bike, especially when there is a cop who has one himself that is working that particular night... It was the same situation as yours though, in a parking lot at an apartment complex. Unfortunately bikes are very easy targets.

Bike(s)
    Honda Spree
    I know the OP personally and this sh*t sucks.

Some people will be dicks cuz it's their nature. Just don't read those posts.

On the other hand this is some crap news man. No more track days :( I didn't have insurance for the first 3 yrs of riding. But the paranoia got to me and I got some. Good people don't need this crap.

And don't worry bro, the people who are jocking you probably have crap lives and after you graduate med school those asshats will be coming to you for help and u'll be taking their money. And you can buy any f-u-c-k-I-n-g bike you want!!!! While those asshats are struggling.

I'll keep my eye out and I better c u in school next quad!

Name
    Randy
    Bike(s)
    ''09 Concours 14 ABS and '08 KLR 650
    Sorry about your bikes. Especially since it was your only transportation. Hope you don't pay much attention to the people that are "kicking you while you're down." Maybe they have never really been strapped for cash before. I have been through losing homes, cars, bankruptcy, I know how it is to be so broke you don't know how what you may eat next or how you will even pay the premium for minimum coverage much less full coverage. Hope you get some good news on the bikes. Crime is up b/c of the sucky economy. People are looking for quick bucks. One way to do that is part out stolen cars and bikes.

Bike(s)
    Honda Spree
    And those stand were dmp's Spec1 or some sh-it... So if anyone on here see's a pair for sale on CL please PM one of us So we can ummm buy them back!

Or:

Los locos kick your ass. Los locos kick your face. Los locos kick your balls INTO OUTER SPACE!

Squid
    Name
    Mike
    Bike(s)
    2002 SV650
    I really hope you get your bikes back - thieves suck. Also, spending $3k a year to insure a $5k bike does not make sense. You can buy just liability and comprehensive though for a much smaller amount. You're still hosed if you wreck it... Good luck.

Name
    The Truth!!
    Bike(s)
    Scoot-Scoot 06 GSX-R600,07 GSX-R750,06 GSX-R750 race
    Quote Originally Posted by mcsp3 View Post
    I really hope you get your bikes back - thieves suck. Also, spending $3k a year to insure a $5k bike does not make sense. You can buy just liability and comprehensive though for a much smaller amount. You're still hosed if you wreck it... Good luck.
    Even though your values are off for the two bikes,but let's just go with that value you gave.I rather be out of pocket 3k from insurance and then they give me the difference.Then 5k from a total loss,and lets say they find the bike,sometimes you could buy it back and fix it and have a cheaper bike.

Your logic doesn't make any sense at all, you pretty much said you rather have a total loss of 5k then put 3k into insurance and have a peace of mind that you will get some money back if you wreck it or it gets stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by dep411 View Post
    I know the OP personally and this sh*t sucks.

Some people will be dicks cuz it's their nature. Just don't read those posts.

On the other hand this is some crap news man. No more track days :( I didn't have insurance for the first 3 yrs of riding. But the paranoia got to me and I got some. Good people don't need this crap.

And don't worry bro, the people who are jocking you probably have crap lives and after you graduate med school those asshats will be coming to you for help and u'll be taking their money. And you can buy any f-u-c-k-I-n-g bike you want!!!! While those asshats are struggling.

I'll keep my eye out and I better c u in school next quad!
    Damn Dave. I know you personally, bought stuff from you, I know I'm not a dick, you should know I'm not, and my life doesn't suck, it's actually pretty awesome. I posted what i did because there is no smart, logical reason to not have insurance if you leave your bike outside. If that's your only mode of transportation and you're in college, and you can't afford insurance, maybe it's time to use that college educated brain and get a car for now. Then, when you can afford it, buy a bike for fun and leisure. I know I wouldn't be doing track days my ONLY form of transportation. That's not a very educated decision. I hope when he is finished with med school, he opts to insure himself, and his practice. Most of us went to college, were broke, worked 2 jobs, just to live.

I wasn't trying to make him feel worse, it's a.... Teachable moment, of you will.

I really hope everything works out for the OP. cheers

Bike(s)
    Honda Spree
    Not talking about you Dave talking about gold man over here

It is a life lesson for op. I told him to put his bike in my garage too. Woops