Rotating banners with links
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Moto Mountian

Bike(s)
    `72 R5, `74 Penton 175, `74 MT125, `84 GPZ750 Turbo, `02 Buell Blast, `01 RM125, `02 TTR 225

Moto Mountian

Anyone rode up there? What do you think?

It's close -- but the website makes it look pretty boring for dirt bikes.

Bike(s)
    Honda Spree
    I've been.

The trails are pretty fun. Pretty steep stuff there too. I think its 20bucks to ride there.

Name
    Frank
    Bike(s)
    Yuppie Machine
    Its good for dirt bikes but the trails are either rutted out atv width double track on steep hillsides or single track that is mostly bar width in the pine trees. Some of it has gotten rutted out pretty bad too.

I am not sure what kind of dirt biking you dont find boring or what your skill level is or what bikes you are riding but MM can be a lot of fun for the right people and as mentioned its close.
    The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .45 ACP is 880 feet per second.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan43 View Post
    Screw you and all your Obama nuthugging asshat comrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan43 View Post
    Kiss my ass. I am not your "boy" you silly shit.

Bike(s)
    `72 R5, `74 Penton 175, `74 MT125, `84 GPZ750 Turbo, `02 Buell Blast, `01 RM125, `02 TTR 225
    Hmm, ok. I'll give it a shot.

Yeah, the video they had on the site just had a double-track, almost fire road width, trail that last 5 minutes. Didn't look too exciting. I was trying to figure out if it was just gonna be worth it to go there, or just suck up the extra hour drive time to somewhere else.

Check youtube for some vids. They main ATV type trails are labelled A, B, C, D, E.

A,B,C are the easier and D,E having more hills and all the single tracks. Multiple routes inside D,E with single tracks typically hard to find.

Fun but not the caliber of HP or DT.

Nice people there and lunch on the weekends for free or something like $4.

Def worth a try IMO

Name
    Keith
    Bike(s)
    06 WR250F; 08 GSXR 750; 02 SV650; 13 Tuono V4; 08 VFR800; 08 Husqvarna 610SM
    there are a couple single track/bike only trails that are pretty good. brother and I were thinking of riding somewhere this weekend. might end up there.

Bike(s)
    Went, had fun.

UTV's -- or whatever those things are called, suck. For a mini-car on a trail with turn signals and rear view mirrors they sure won't get out of anyone's way. I did the most epic block pass on one of them after they wouldn't let me by for a while. Pinned it out of the corner and threw up this huge tail of roost -- but it doesn't matter because the thing had a windshield. Even the guys on the hunting 4x4 four-wheelers hated them, and those things are about a fast as a fat dude on a rascal.

A was fun on the modern bike. B, C, were perfect for the Penton. D, E, we're a little tougher, the "moto-only" section that I found just meant it was steeper and one little segment of single track. Wasn't really much more to it.

Either way -- I made it home in a hour and twenty minutes. That includes stopping at the pay`n`spray and cleaning the bikes. For $25, and being that close -- I'll be back.

I was there Saturday as well.

They have hired a man named Albie who is marking the trails and making new ones everyday. Currently, I think there are 2 new 4 and 5 diamond single tracks signage with a 3 and 2 diamond as well. The 2 diamond is super easy but its fun to get that single track feel.

If anyone is is thinking about going, do it. Albie will find you on his KTM and will def give you more than your moneys worth. He led a group of guys about 8 deep wanting to hit the 5 diamonds and they all came back satisfied if not a bit beat up.

Late in the day he took me out on some virgin unmarked that he was about to open up. They were so fun and just challenging enough for me.

If you see him be honest with your abilities and he will wear your ass out and you will have a blast.

Again the staff were great and the lunch was too.

Name
    Keith
    Bike(s)
    06 WR250F; 08 GSXR 750; 02 SV650; 13 Tuono V4; 08 VFR800; 08 Husqvarna 610SM
    I was there last weekend as well. Will look for Albie next time for the sweet rides.