Rotating banners with links
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 35

Thread: Return to GSB

  1. #11
    Just Ramm it Georgiacbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    California/Georgia
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,541
    Bike(s)
    Honda Cbr 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut_EOD View Post
    The drivers there aren't as bad as they are here in Denver. The tracks are the main reason I chose the area to buy a house.
    I've vacationed in Denver and you really don't know what your talking about Atlanta drivers are horrible wait you will see lol .
    - I'm Eric and I approve this message

  2. #12
    Senior Member BlueLghtning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Name
    Dan
    Location
    Newnan, GA
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,214
    Bike(s)
    Mine: '09 DL650, '08 WR250R / Hers: 07 Ninja 650R, 13 CRF250L
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut_EOD View Post
    We're planning on moving to the Peachtree City area. Any reasons why we should avoid that area or consider somewhere else?
    PTC is a nice area. A little bit "upidity" for my taste these days, but a nice area to live and really nice if you are raising a family. My parent's still live there.

    I in the next town over in Newnan. We have a good group of riders down on this side of town and I organize a weekly bike night in and around the Newnan area. The nice thing about being on the SW side of ATL is we have the least amount of traffic going into ATL for commuting purposes compared to other areas, but as someone mentioned, we are also a lot further from the good roads up in N. GA. Overall, PTC is a really nice area to live.
    BlueLghtning - Follow me on my SPOT Messenger
    Mine: 09 DL650, 08 WR250R, 01 FZ1
    Hers: 13 CRF250L, 07 Ninja 650R, 06 F650GS,
    Smugmug Pics - Save $5: Y2l43o9LVBERU

    States & Provinces I've ridden in:
    49 states completed between 2006 & 2008


  3. #13
    Member Peanut_EOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Age
    40
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Georgiacbr View Post
    I've vacationed in Denver and you really don't know what your talking about Atlanta drivers are horrible wait you will see lol .
    I've spent a lot of time in Atlanta. I lived in Jacksonville, AL for a few years and rode to Atlanta often. I've lived in a lot of places including southern Kommiefornia where I grew up, and San Antonio, TX which is runner up to Denver in the shit driver title. Denver has by far the worst drivers I've ever seen. To top it all off there is no helmet law here. It baffles me every time I see someone on a motorcycle without a helmet.

  4. #14
    Member Peanut_EOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Age
    40
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueLghtning View Post
    PTC is a nice area. A little bit "upidity" for my taste these days, but a nice area to live and really nice if you are raising a family. My parent's still live there.

    I in the next town over in Newnan. We have a good group of riders down on this side of town and I organize a weekly bike night in and around the Newnan area. The nice thing about being on the SW side of ATL is we have the least amount of traffic going into ATL for commuting purposes compared to other areas, but as someone mentioned, we are also a lot further from the good roads up in N. GA. Overall, PTC is a really nice area to live.
    I don't mind uppity. I can deal with that. I'll definitely check out Newnan, I have a friend that lives there already. We've been looking at houses on realtor.com and most of the houses we like are actually in the surrounding cities like Fayetteville, Tyrone, Newnan, and Sharpsburg.

  5. #15
    Just Ramm it Georgiacbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    California/Georgia
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,541
    Bike(s)
    Honda Cbr 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut_EOD View Post
    I've spent a lot of time in Atlanta. I lived in Jacksonville, AL for a few years and rode to Atlanta often. I've lived in a lot of places including southern Kommiefornia where I grew up, and San Antonio, TX which is runner up to Denver in the shit driver title. Denver has by far the worst drivers I've ever seen. To top it all off there is no helmet law here. It baffles me every time I see someone on a motorcycle without a helmet.
    Good luck I've had the worst luck with stupid drivers here that are
    Clearly incompetent and don't Carry insurance . Traffic flow here reminds me of Los Angeles in many ways.Georgia dot is so backwards and how they build infrastructure projects it's impressive to say the least with the exception of the diamond interchange.
    Last edited by Georgiacbr; 11-18-2013 at 03:53 PM.
    - I'm Eric and I approve this message

  6. #16
    Just Ramm it Georgiacbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    California/Georgia
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,541
    Bike(s)
    Honda Cbr 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    Yea todd instigate the situation I get a good laugh too it's too bad Dave isn't on Here anymore I miss his post lol.
    - I'm Eric and I approve this message

  7. #17
    Senior Member Grandboy2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Name
    Bobby
    Location
    Villa Rica, GA
    Age
    36
    Posts
    188
    Bike(s)
    05' R6 Raven, 00' ZX6-R (track)-forsale 05' R6 (track)
    Quote Originally Posted by todd View Post
    im just laughing, but since you brought it up, yea, i'm laughing at you. For someone that has more bad to say about this state than good, i just dont know wtf you dont go back to ca where you can bitch on the local boards there about how bad things are here.

    hear, hear

  8. #18
    Member Peanut_EOD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Age
    40
    Posts
    38
    Thank you all for your concerns, but I am really excited about buying a home in Georgia and I'm not gonna let shitty drivers deter me. I find that most drivers in most cities are in fact shitty. That is why I stay on a race track while on two wheels.

  9. #19
    Just Ramm it Georgiacbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    California/Georgia
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,541
    Bike(s)
    Honda Cbr 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut_EOD View Post
    Thank you all for your concerns, but I am really excited about buying a home in Georgia and I'm not gonna let shitty drivers deter me. I find that most drivers in most cities are in fact shitty. That is why I stay on a race track while on two wheels.
    Smart move x2.
    - I'm Eric and I approve this message

  10. #20
    Just Ramm it Georgiacbr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    California/Georgia
    Age
    40
    Posts
    9,541
    Bike(s)
    Honda Cbr 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Todd View Post
    im just laughing, but since YOU brought it up, yea, i'm laughing at you. for someone that has more BAD to say about this state than good, i just dont know WTF you dont go back to CA where you can bitch on the local boards there about how bad things are here.
    Cuss I like to listen to your rant too and actually I have better things with my time vs talking about how poorly managed this state can be it's common knowledge if you want to speak facts and general statistics. Good night todd lol
    - I'm Eric and I approve this message

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts