+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New to Georgia

Bike(s)
    2014 CBR600RR; 2005 CBR1000RR

New to Georgia

Hello all!

My husband and I just moved to Woodstock about 4 weeks ago from Northern California. Prior to our one year stay in California, we lived in Idaho for two years, and before that, we lived in Denver (where we both pretty much grew up).

A little about my riding history - started riding in 2001, when I took the MSF course and got my license. Shortly after that, I purchased a '95 600F3. From the F3, I moved onto a 2002 F4i (yellow/black), and had that for a bit when I then got my 2003 600RR (black). During this time, I also had a 2002 R6 that I used as my race bike. I had the 600RR for a couple years and then traded it in for a new 2005 1000RR and have had that bike ever since.

My husband has been riding for about the same amount of time as me - started off on an F4i, moved to a couple 954s and ended up with a couple Repsol 1000rrs. He sold his bike in Idaho, so we are sharing the one 1000rr. I'm looking at getting a 2014 cbr600rr soon (I really don't need a liter bike ) and the hubby will take the 1000.

We used to ride just about every weekend, did many-a-track days, and a local club's yearly ride from Denver to Vegas. Now that our daughter is getting a little older, we are looking forward to getting a baby sitter every now and then and doing some day rides.

Thanks for having us and we look forward to riding with some of you!

Welcome to GSB! I like you and your husband's choice in bikes!

Bike(s)
    SV,VFR,FJR
    Welcome. There's some nice riding here but, well, Denver to Vegas is sort of as good as it gets in the US. The mountains are just north of us. More good roads per square mile than out west, but not as many square miles.
    You can only protect your liberties in this world by protecting the other man's freedom. - Clarence Darrow
    "My next bike will be a Hayabusa only because my stature when riding on one makes it more comfortable on longer trips."

Name
    Brett
    Bike(s)
    09 R1, 14 VRod
    Welcome.
    STT SOUTHERN REGION STAFF
    www.sportbiketracktime.com
    www.sportbiketireservice.com
    www.sportbiketrackgirl.com
    www.sportbikeleatherservice.com
    AMSOIL(Authorized Dealer)-SPY-RideLiveBe-RePlayXD

WERA #151

Quote Originally Posted by ltyson
    "This is the best gas can ever. It's easy to pour, easy to hold and it never ever leaks...."

Bike(s)
    Honda Cbr 600RR
    Welcome what part of California ? Clovis California native myself been in ga 14 years .
    - I'm Eric and I approve this message

Bike(s)
    Thank you for the very warm welcome! The hubby and I are definitely interested in getting some more track time and doing another school (it's been many years since the last one we did).

Georgiacbr - We were about 60 miles east of San Francisco in Mountain House (just on the other side of Altamont Pass from Livermore).

Name
    Steve
    Bike(s)
    2012 Ducati Multistrada 1200 ST
    Nice!

We are in Woodstock as well, and although we don't get to ride together often, my wife Kim loves to go when we have chance!

Give me a shout anytime you want to head to the hills from Woodstock (I'm usually riding on Sundays).

Steve
    It's your world....I'm just living in it!

Bike(s)
    Honda Cbr 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRChristine View Post
    Thank you for the very warm welcome! The hubby and I are definitely interested in getting some more track time and doing another school (it's been many years since the last one we did).

Georgiacbr - We were about 60 miles east of San Francisco in Mountain House (just on the other side of Altamont Pass from Livermore).
    I'm familiar with the area we should meet once your settled in. I'm near Marietta/Kennesaw and up to riding up with New folk's. Woodstock is down the road tho driving here everything tend's to be apart as your notice. Maybe incorporate a ride with Steve as well your in a great spot for Mountain road's 575 has easy access to the mountains.

Bike(s)
    That sounds great!

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good Honda dealer? The hubby went to Cycle Nation of Canton over the weekend but weren't impressed with the inventory of new CBRs (actually couldn't find a 2014).

Thanks!

Bike(s)
    Honda Cbr 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by CBRChristine View Post
    That sounds great!

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good Honda dealer? The hubby went to Cycle Nation of Canton over the weekend but weren't impressed with the inventory of new CBRs (actually couldn't find a 2014).

Thanks!
    I'm not a huge Honda fan for the simple reason the company sucks on customer service.
    Honda isn't the company it was 20 years ago and that includes cars too. For services or repairs I advise marietta motorsports . Try mountain Motorsport for new bikes they carry everybody and located on Cobb parkway .