Rotating banners with links
+ Reply to Thread
    Squid

Custom leather/textile jacket and pants?

My GF is just getting into riding. Passenger first, maybe later her own bike.

We went to the Cycle Gear store here in ATL to try on stuff for her. Their selection is not huge, but they do have several brands and a women's section. Problem is we didn't find anything that was a good or even decent fit jacket wise and that was across 4 brands. From one size to the next it jumped from way too tight to way too lose. We tried men's models as well but that was worse (too broad in the shoulders, too tight in the chest). We don't really feel like ordering a ton of stuff online based on our experience in the store.

Does anyone know of any places in the area that does custom fits? We were looking for textile/mesh gear for her but would consider vented leathers if we can get the fit right.

Thanks in advance

Name
    Bobby
    Bike(s)
    05' R6 Raven, 00' ZX6-R (track)-forsale 05' R6 (track)
    There was a place around roswell that was mainly women's riding hear. I can't remember the name but off hwy 9 i think.

Name
    Jeff
    Bike(s)
    97 Road King, 08 CBR1000rr, 07 KTM 450 XC, 09 Kawi KLX140L, 07 KTM 950 SE-R
    you are thinking of She Rides. Not longer has a retail store that I am aware of.. and not much on the website. not sure what they are doing these days..

I've never really seen custom textile products, usually the custom stuff is leather. I'm sure you could make custom textile jackets, but most are only good for one crash so the price/performance might not be there...

there used to be a lady, Ann Turner, out on the west side of town that did custom fitment on leathers. years ago I had her custom fit a few things I had, might be worth it to see if she's still around. buy something a bit large and have her tune it for you...