Rotating banners with links
+ Reply to Thread

Guess What GSP Done???

Ok I was riding home on the Concours from job no. 2 which takes me straight though Atlanta on I -20. I am proceeding at my normal slightly above average speed. I am approaching Fulton Ind. Blvd and I notice GSP starting to pull out into traffic. I know he is not coming for me. So I slow down to about traffic speed, which is about 65-70.

So he slides over to the left lane and blends in with traffic. I am riding in the right lane and since he is freaking everybody out they slow down. I hold my speed and go past him. Everybody moves out of the way and he starts to pick up speed in the left lane. He makes his way past me.

I slid over into the left lane about 10 bike lengths back from GSP. By this time we are about to Thornton Rd. There is a black SUV to my right front. He decides to move over to the left lane without a turn signal. Oh yea, I guess that I should mention this is right about where I am on the road. So he starts halfway into the lane and I jack my brakes hard because I am not going to debate with a car over lane space. So I drop back and the SUV goes back into the middle lane.

I give him the "WTF" look and hold both hands up. GSP brakes comes on. He comes back to where we are and then HE GOES IN BEHIND THE SUV!!! Blue lights comes on and they both go to the right of I-20 near the weigh station. I stop in front of them both, figuring that he may want to say something to me also. Trooper stops by the SUV and collects the DL and walks up to me and says you dont need to stay here. You are free to go!!

I am kinda pissed with nearly being run over. The trooper is nice and polite. I tell him thanks and shake his hand. Then climb on the bike for the ride home. Nice pleasant ride home. Glad to see that sometimes things just work out. I kinda hope that he did not ticket the guy, just told him to pull his head out of ass when he was driving and pay attention to the road. Maybe he will learn, maybe he will hate bikers. Who knows? I trust the Trooper done what he thought the guy needed to get the point about driving and paying attention.

The Trooper was a named Bullock and he was in Charger No. 884. Nice to see that cops do the right things despite what is in the press.

Don't try this at home. Ncturnal's Avatar
    Name
    Brian
    Bike(s)
    2007 R1
    That's cool. Not what I expected at the start of the post. I noticed the traffic warning signs on 285 that said 40+ people have died in motorcycle accidents this year, so they are taking notice at least.
    Brian

If we look at it analytically, if we look at it historically, we quickly find out exactly what it is. Political Correctness is cultural Marxism. It is Marxism translated from economic into cultural terms. It is an effort that goes back not to the 1960s and the hippies and the peace movement, but back to World War I.

Bike(s)
    nuttin
    For me, I have respect for our LEO's. To me, the vast majority are doing a good job. It would seem the press they get is hyped to provoke a reaction, filling an agenda or "position".
    I must admit, any time I was pulled over, the LEO had good reason to do it. ;-)
    see ya
    bill
    Still kickin.