Rotating banners with links
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: SteveC/Qwck10th

Bike(s)
    1988 Hawk NT 650, 2001 Ninja 250

SteveC/Qwck10th

I know this forum has been slow, Facebook and other Social Media keeps some of us connected, but not all. Maybe those that I missed contacting will see this.

I wanted all to know that my love Steve Cappelli (SteveC) had a massive heart attack on 10/5 and didn't survive. He loved the motorcycle community, it helped him grieve through his divorce and after, it brought us together, it forged friendships of a lifetime and it brought him some of the happiest days of his life. I know that he would have wanted all of you to know how much you meant to him. He thought the world of this community, leaned on it, learned from it, shared knowledge with it and just plain had fun with it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for being there for us and bringing the two of us together.

If any of you have photos of Steve or stories that you would like to share I would LOVE to hear and see them. My email is cheryl.cappelli@yahoo.com

Also, if you'd like to join us at his service, there will actually be two. One this Weds 10/11 at East Side Baptist Church in Marietta 2450 Lower Roswell Rd, Marietta, GA 30068.

The second will be a memorial ride and back to Marietta for a Party like Steve loved. Outdoors, camp chairs, easy ups, motorcycles, friends and family, beer and grills. Date will be Sunday 10/15 with Location and time TBD, but I will update the thread.

All are welcome at either or both, it's been a long time since some of us have connected and it was always Steve's wish to reconnect. Come by, say goodbye and hug me, I need all of those I can get right now.

Bike(s)
    VFR800, ZX10R, 250EXC
    Cheryl - I am so sorry for your loss. I have a couple pictures that I will email to you, along with a story. I posted the key one on John Honea's facebook page - the picture always makes me smile when I stumble across it. It makes tears well up in my eyes right now, but that is to be expected.

I hope you find comfort in these trying days.

Tal

Edit - I have no idea these days what you can and cannot hotlink to, but hopefully the picture below will show up.

Last edited by TWI; 10-09-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Bike(s)
    Hey Tal, Thanks so much for the photo. Looking forward to getting more and hearing the stories.

Btw- looks like I forgot the time on Weds, memorial is going to be at 1 on Weds.

Bike(s)
    1098 Streetfighter, XT225, '83 Goldwing Aspencade
    Sorry to hear this terrible news. Steve was a great guy. :(

Bike(s)
    DL1000 , HawkGT
    It was a nice service. I hate that I don't see some of the old crowd much anymore.
    Where's Wheedle

my smugmug

I cant find Tenerife on this stupid map...

Bike(s)
    1997 YZF1000R, 2000 Triumph Speed Triple
    I truly hate that it took something like this to see so many of the old crowd. So many people I haven't seen in so many years. The service was truly an amazing testament to one of the most amazing people I've ever had the honor of knowing. The turnout was a true testament to what a great person Steve was. Cheryl, you are in our heart and prayers, as is the rest of the family. For those that can, please make it a point of coming out to the gathering in Sunday afternoon to remember Steve. I'll post up Cheryl's info on it later.
    Olde South Design Studios
    Call for any custom and remodeling design projects, commercial and residential
    http://oldesouthdesign.com

Bike(s)

If you'd like to join us Sunday

Sunday 10/15 1:00 at 1388 Canton Rd NE, Marietta, GA 30066-6062, United States

Let's gather together Sunday afternoon, potluck and craft beer style, spend time telling Amazing Steve stories and celebrating a life well lived and surround our friend Cheryl Cappelli, letting her know she is loved and has a life rich with friends and incredible memories. Steve loved a good cookout and time with friends.

We are going to have burgers and hot dogs on the grill and would love for everyone to bring a side, a chair and a story!

What we have?

- A great outdoor space provided by Dave at Complete Performance
    - A fresh PortoPotty just for our group
    - Burgers, Hot dogs, Buns and Condiments for 100 people
    - Plastic and Paper Goods
    - 2 Grills (would love to have 1-2 more)
    - Bottled Water
    - 6-8 pop up tents to cover the food and a bit of shade
    - 7-8 tables to put the food and drinks on
    - music playing from the shop

What can you bring?
    - anything else you'd like to throw on the grill and share
    - side dishes, desserts, drinks, your favorite beer or wine
    - a few dollars to throw in the basket to cover the other costs
    - a lawn or folding chair
    - a folding or card table if you have one
    - a pop up tent for more shade

Please post directly in the comments if you are attending, what you are bringing and how many are coming wth you.