Rotating banners with links
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Bike(s)
    2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250

Looking at different street bikes.

I am not to knowledgeable about different motorcycles and I was shopping around for one, I am looking for a 600 cc or lower , could be 500 for the older model of bikes, set up like the Honda Hornet 599 (standard, more non-aggressive riding style). Also saw a FZR, Seca 2, SV 650 (with a huge dent in the gas tank), Buell Blast, and a GS 500 F that was within my price range... ($1800ish or lower, aiming for $1kish) , which would you all recommend?

I did some research already on them, but there is nothing like a person's opinion. Let me know what you all think about the different models.

Thanks for your help

This is not a WTB post, although if your trying to sell, send me an email LOL

Name
    Aaron
    Bike(s)
    GSXR600 track bike and KTM 950 Adv
    I have always thought the SV650 is a great bike especially if you are looking for more of a standard seating style. Are you new to motorcycles? If so I would not worry about the dent on the tank because odds are the bike might get dropped at some point.

Name
    Will
    Bike(s)
    03 Yammi R1
    My neighbor had a Bandit 600. It was a quick little bike, but it was so comfy, I almost sold my R1 for a FZ or Bandit 1200. You can find early 2000 models of Fz's, Gx's, Sv's and Bandits for around $1500 or less.

Bike(s)
    SV,VFR,FJR
    Your list is pretty good. Good idea to buy used to start with (or always). And the bikes you're looking at are all good starters. Sit on 'em. Pick what's comfy and lights your fire.

Bike(s)
    2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    LOL They all light my fire. Trying to make my first purchase a good one, so I have been doing alot of research. Definitely like the Hornet 599 seating the best though(I only sat on the Hornet and the SV 650 ) . It's unfortunately out of my budget for now. I did see a FZR and a Seca 2 , but I haven't heard too much about these bikes. I did see a SV 650 at a good price, found that link again, it's on a seperate thread.

So I guess you guys are saying, they are all good bikes... just a preference on seating?

Also, not a big fan of the Buell , but how is it? Any previous experience you guys can share about it? (NOt a big fan , looks wise) Anyways thanks again for your help.
    Last edited by Will; 02-26-2010 at 03:46 PM.

Ride Like You Stole IT Mortalis5509's Avatar
    Bike(s)
    R6s
    Look at the FZ6. It's not a full SS bike but it sits up right. I hear they are a lot of fun.
    Go Dawgs

Bike(s)
    2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    I just found I think a pretty decent deal. I have been looking online for information about Yamaha FZr 600, 1995, I was wondering what the GSB community thought of this bike?

FZR's got popular because they're short, light and a good lil sport touring style bike. I actually looked at one before buying the 650r. But they are a bit more sport than touring in seating position (a bit more forward). The Seca's were really good bikes, but can take forever to warm up and can be a little cold natured. Of all the bikes, I think the SV 650 would be a really good bike. Parts are readily available and when you go to sell it, you can always replace the gas tank and likely get back close to what you paid for it. But this all is just my opinion.

Bike(s)
    2005 Kawasaki Ninja 250
    Thanks alot Gypsyangel. Answered the prominent questions I had about the older model bikes , FZr and Seca 2, yeah, I really like the SV 650, thinking if I get this job on Tuesday, that's the one I'll end up getting. If not that than, back to the drawing board!

Name
    Laz
    Bike(s)
    08 600RR
    Look into the 98-00 YZF 600R. You can get a decent one for around $1500. They are the sportbike of yesteryear, before the R6 but aren't too aggressive with the ergos.