Rotating banners with links
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5
1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Bike(s)
    2006 Ducati Sport Classic, Triumph D675 track bike

Stolen!!! Gsxr-750 2006

Hey everyone, just a quick "keep your eyes out", just had my K6 GSXR 750 stolen from my apartment complex.

I live at the Lavista Walk complex (corner of Cheshire Bridge and Lavista) in a gated (so what....) parking deck. Guys drove past at least 4 other bikes to get to the 4th floor to steal mine.

Anyways, it's stock blue and white, with the GSXR 750 stickers removed with a Jardine exhaust. Has about 5,300 miles on it. If you see anything similar for sale, please drop me a line.

Thanks,
    Phil Jones

Name
    Nick
    Bike(s)
    '09 R1
    Phil - sorry to hear that, especially as you only just bought it! Now for the more exciting question of "what's next"?

Beast Mode [ON] OFF SlimDizzleATL's Avatar
    Bike(s)
    2013 Ducati 848 EVO Corse SE
    That sucks bro. I'll be on the lookout. Especially since I'm in the area.

Psalm 121
    "You've got to trust your instincts, and let go of regret..." - Old 311 Proverb

Bike(s)
    Thanks guys - the sad thing is that since I've only owned it for 3 months, I haven't even gotten bored with it. Might be another GSXR750 that replaces it.... We'll see.

Name
    Adi
    Bike(s)
    many
    What kind of insurance did you have? Full covereage or liability?

Name
    Nick
    Bike(s)
    '09 R1
    Well, you COULD get an immaculate bought-new-last-year and with remaining warranty R6S with lots of high end goodies. I hear a highly respected member of the forum has one for sale. That'd be me, btw \

Good luck deciding what to get - that's a big part of the fun.

Bike(s)
    Ha, suspect that's a bit out of my price range!!! Saw you were thinking about giving up riding, and then I think you were looking for something new. Did you pick something up? One of the triumph cafe racers by any chance??? I'm leaning towards the 750 again, but not sure. Money's tight with a year of school left to go.... :-)

Bike(s)
    Honda Cbr 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilJonez View Post
    Thanks guys - the sad thing is that since I've only owned it for 3 months, I haven't even gotten bored with it. Might be another GSXR750 that replaces it.... We'll see.

If you get a replacement get LoJack esp if your in apt. I've heard of stories when bikes are stolen out of garages at Homes too it's crazy. If you value your bike Lojack is the best investment money can buy.My garage is on an alarm system but you never know if someone wants it badly they will get it.sorry about your bike I know that sucks and hopefully you get it back. I had a friend have his stolen Near Ga tech and they found it year's later stripped .
    Last edited by Georgiacbr; 07-18-2010 at 07:18 PM.
    - I'm Eric and I approve this message

Name
    Nick
    Bike(s)
    '09 R1
    Quote Originally Posted by PhilJonez View Post
    Ha, suspect that's a bit out of my price range!!! Saw you were thinking about giving up riding, and then I think you were looking for something new. Did you pick something up? One of the triumph cafe racers by any chance??? I'm leaning towards the 750 again, but not sure. Money's tight with a year of school left to go.... :-)
    You know, I can't decide whether I'm coming or going. As of right now, I'm seriously thinking about a standard/naked bike - a Tuono or a Speed Triple. So I'm selling the R6S for a hair under $6K, for which I'm getting a lot of flack from my wife (bought new last year for $6.5K plus tax, did $1500 worth of upgrades, and just had the thing serviced at the dealer) - just listed it on here, as a matter of fact. But then next month I may decide that biking is too dangerous. If I do, I'll probably return another month later asking for opinions on yet another bike. I find it very hard to kick the habit - it's just so much darned fun! And "new" bikes constantly tickle my fancy. If I do get another bike, that would be a 3rd in just over a year - which ain't clever.

Beast Mode [ON] OFF SlimDizzleATL's Avatar
    Bike(s)
    2013 Ducati 848 EVO Corse SE
    Any updates Phil?

Psalm 121
    "You've got to trust your instincts, and let go of regret..." - Old 311 Proverb