+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
    Name
    Adi
    Bike(s)
    many

2009 Buell Firebolt STOLEN

One of my customer's bike got stolen 2 days ago.

Its a 2009 Buell Firebolt XB12R

Keep your eyes open.
    It was stolen from ALPHARETTA

(this is the only picture I have)
    Attached Images

Bike(s)
    06 Buell Ulysses, 98 Buell S1
    Noticed that on Craigslist the other day. Here's more info on the bike:

http://atlanta.craigslist.org/atl/mcy/1955025415.html

Hey everyone, keep an eye out for my Black/Red Buell XB12R. It was stolen out of my apartment complex parking deck sometime over the course of Tuesday Night. If you see it, please notify the police and then myself, there will be a reward involved ($500). If you're the one who stole and decide you'd rather make a quick $500, return it no questions asked.

Things different from stock to help it stand out: Tail light has a clear lens with red LEDS, there is a GA Cruise Card on the windscreen, and an upgraded exhaust with twin tails that makes it much louder and deeper tone than stock. Also a blue Georgia Tech parking permit decal is on the front left fork.

Call Mike@ 678 371 1821, thanks in advance everyone.

Name
    Adi
    Bike(s)
    many
    Yes that's the bike...... I didn't know he posted it on CL as well....

Bike(s)
    2001 VFR800
    Hey man thanks for posting it on here. I have not heard anything and I'm assuming its long gone. It was parked 4 feet in front of a camera and my apartment people are taking their sweet time reviewing the tapes...gotta love it...

Name
    Adi
    Bike(s)
    many
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Hey man thanks for posting it on here. I have not heard anything and I'm assuming its long gone. It was parked 4 feet in front of a camera and my apartment people are taking their sweet time reviewing the tapes...gotta love it...
    I cant believe people do that. Snatchin a bike just like that.....It amazes me every time.
    Good thing you had full coverage

Bike(s)
    2001 VFR800
    I looked at my apartment security tapes today. I got a decent look from several angles of how my bike was stolen.
    A newer, white town and country minivan pulled up to the visitor gate at 11:41pm. They used the callbox so someone obviously let them in. Then 6 minutes go by before they enter the parking deck. I don't know what they were doing in those six minutes, perhaps picking someone up or cruising the parking lot looking for other goodies. Anyway, thats speculation. At 11:51 they enter the parking deck. I can see a black female driving the van. At 11:52 the van pulled up to near where my bike was parked and backed into a spot. Then the camera behind my bike gets covered. I switched to another camera and could see two black males get out of the van and walk over to the bike. They walk back to the van and get it. A few minutes goes by. The van pulls out of the spot, turns around, and backs right up to my bike. At this point it is hard to see because the only camera with a view at this point is all the way across the deck. However, I can see them get out and open the trunk. A few more minutes goes by and they button up the minivan and pull away. At 11:58 the camera that was behind where my bike used to be comes uncovered and I see a tall skinny black male with a orange ball cap running from the camera to the van which is pulled far enough away for the tag to be unclear. And then they just pulled away and were gone.

So thats the story of how my bike got jacked. Assholes. The fact that they used a minivan is kind of a slap in the face lol...
    MIA: 2009 Buell XB12R, stolen.

Name
    Adi
    Bike(s)
    many
    WOW !!!!
    I've seen only one video on Youtube whee two people threw a bike inside a mini van as well. Took them only a couple of seconds to thow it in the side of the van.
    A&A Motorsports, Inc.
    Used Bikes - Great Price

https://www.facebook.com/pages/AA-Mo...c/225508913835

Bike(s)
    2007 Triumph Daytona 675
    This is where most bikes get stolen, apartment parking lots. I will never live anywhere that does not provide a garage. It simply doesn't make sense.

However, there are some things that you can do.

1) Install an alarm. Won't fool a determined thief, but at least if the thing is making tons of noise when they try to move it, it may deter and scare off the amateur thug that just decided to try and grab an easy mark.

2) Talk to your landlord and explain how so many bikes get stolen from apartment complexes, and ask them if they could set aside a couple spots in the most exposed area, where tenants could park their bikes. Pick an area where there is a light post, or a tree, or some sort of secure anchor that you can use a heavy chain or cable to secure the bike. If I was in an apartment, I would tell the landlord that I talked to the other bike owners and we all agreed to cover the expense to paint "Motorcycle only" on those spots, and to install an anchor in the ground if needed, to chain the bikes to. You can get one for $200 that pounds down into the asphalt and then springs open like a molly bolts and won't pull back out.

3) Or, always park the bike next to your car, and run a chain or heavy cable from the bike to your car.

Nothing will stop a determined thief apart from you standing over the bike with a shotgun, but a few simple steps can eliminate most of the stupid amateurs.

Bike(s)
    2001 VFR800
    Hey everyone...been awhile since I posted. I moved to Orlando a little over a year ago and have not ridden since I sold my VFR in Atlanta.

However, a week ago I got a call from Atlanta PD to notify me that GSP recovered my Buell that was stolen. From what I gathered, they got it on a traffic stop and it came back stolen. It was impounded in Gainesville so I would assume it was in that area. I'm not sure if an arrest was made although I would hope.

I am excited to hear it wasn't chopped up, but it did sound like it had been down at least once, they said the plastics were scratched and the right turn signal was broken. Unfortunately since I took the claim it belongs to State Farm and will be auctioned, I do intend to at least get pictures and see if it's worth bidding on--I have been itching to get another bike lately.

Anyway--hope everyone is doing well, I wanted to bring this to closure. If you've had your bike stolen, who knows, maybe after three years you might get it back!
    MIA: 2009 Buell XB12R, stolen.

Mike. glad they got your bike back. I hope there was an arrest and they become really good friends with Bubba at the jail real soon.