Rotating banners with links
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast
    Name
    Chris

2011 ATL Supercross

That was one of the best Supercross races I have ever seen! Stewart stalked the leader Reed for most of the race, then he struck. Then.... well, it was a crazy final lap.

If you missed it make sure you record the replay today on Speed.

Name
    Frank
    Bike(s)
    Yuppie Machine
    He struck alright. He should have used the little lever on the bar instead of the twistgrip and they both would have probably been better off.....JS7 definitely would be.

I do think its funny he was standing on top of Reed's bike trying to hold him down but Reed still beat him to the finish line "Fastest Man on The Planet" .......4th place
    The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .45 ACP is 880 feet per second.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan43 View Post
    Screw you and all your Obama nuthugging asshat comrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan43 View Post
    Kiss my ass. I am not your "boy" you silly shit.

Bike(s)
    `72 R5, `74 Penton 175, `74 MT125, `84 GPZ750 Turbo, `02 Buell Blast, `01 RM125, `02 TTR 225
    Stalk? More like blew the lead, let Reed by, and couldn't get back around him until Reed got caught up with a lapper...

And this is like the 15th time that I've watched Reed cut a corner to block pass Stewart, and Stewart damn well knowing this was going to happen still just railed it wide ****ing open and forced a collision, instead of just squaring up and blowing by Reed. He might be fast, but he is still stupid.

But, one of the top 5 main events I've seen at Atlanta. And probably the best last lap...

Name
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by wbeck257 View Post
    Stalk? More like blew the lead, let Reed by, and couldn't get back around him until Reed got caught up with a lapper...

And this is like the 15th time that I've watched Reed cut a corner to block pass Stewart, and Stewart damn well knowing this was going to happen still just railed it wide ****ing open and forced a collision, instead of just squaring up and blowing by Reed. He might be fast, but he is still stupid.

But, one of the top 5 main events I've seen at Atlanta. And probably the best last lap...

I will respect that you may be a Reed fan talking out your rear but come on, if you know Bubba he was not riding hard behind Reed. After his bobble when Reed came by he did not want back around him, it was a strategy that back fired on him. Reed was on his A game for sure and I'm a fan of how he rides once he gets some motivation. With the win he had a couple races back I feel now he will be a front runner all season.

As for Stewart, I'm not convinced he is 100% well or if he's just trying to ride smarter for the championship. Either way I hope he realizes cruising around behind Reed until the last lap is not the way to do it. Never has been for him so why start now?

As for the best main, 1990 at Fulton Co Stadium was the best hands down. A little before your time though.

Bike(s)
    `72 R5, `74 Penton 175, `74 MT125, `84 GPZ750 Turbo, `02 Buell Blast, `01 RM125, `02 TTR 225
    I'm a fan of neither -- but from my seat, I watched Stewart for 20 straight laps. He was faster, but he couldn't put it together every single lap. He'd get close, but it was Stewart who'd make a mistake and let Reed get back ahead. Only reason Stewart got by was because Reed blew it when trying to pass a lapper, then got stuck behind another one who wouldn't move (happened to be the other Yamaha sponsored by Indians.. weird..).

If Stewart was smart he would of squared up the big bowl turn and just blitzed past Reed as he tried to get through the whoops when his bike was parallel with the first one. But he didn't -- and then for the next 3/4ths of a lap he decided instead of riding for 2nd, he wanted to make Reed pay by blocking, and bumping, and running him wide -- which let Dungey pass them both. Stewart blew 1st place twice, and blew 2nd and 3rd too.

Not sure which race you guys watched but Reed was practically going the wrong way on the track when he cut stewart off. Stewart had no chance of backing off. Also Stewart had already caught reed twice; whether the lapper got in the way or not he would have caught reed again.

http://www.vitalmx.com/news/news/Cra...n-Atlanta,3540

Name
    Jason
    Bike(s)
    2012 ZX10R
    Its called a block pass, happens all the time. Stewart is either checkers or wreckers it seems.

GSB KART CHAMP & 107MPH CLUB MEMBER ramm's Avatar
    Name
    Chris
    Bike(s)
    07 R6
    That was an awesome experience. First time ever going, def going back with Ash next year and enjoying the club!

Name
    Cappy
    Bike(s)
    06 SV650N(SF), 07 YZF-R6R (Race), 08 WR250F (Hooliganism), 09 Zuma70 (slightly slower hooliganism)
    The way I see it, yes.. Reed ran deep and wrecked them both.. he made a mistake.. Stewart still got up and going first, and then Reed, so the distance between them didn't really change.. and then Reed made the move at the checkered to win, so either way, Reed beat Stewart, and imho it had nothing to do with the wreck.. all that did was shift them both down 2 places.

Bike(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chkaotic View Post
    The way I see it, yes.. Reed ran deep and wrecked them both.. he made a mistake.. Stewart still got up and going first, and then Reed, so the distance between them didn't really change.. and then Reed made the move at the checkered to win, so either way, Reed beat Stewart, and imho it had nothing to do with the wreck.. all that did was shift them both down 2 places.
    Yeah, but they got up 2nd/3rd -- and Stewart wanted to wreck Reed and kept blocking/pushing him for the rest of the lap and let Dungey catch up to them. He blew 1st place points twice, and then 2nd and 3rd place points. Thats why poppa Stewart was going balastic to him at the end.