Rotating banners with links
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 11
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast
    Name
    Frank
    Bike(s)
    Yuppie Machine
    No offense but JS7 himself is far from qualified to discuss it. Running TC or not, its all over his head. He rides the bike. Other people a lot smarter than him build and maintain it.
    The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .45 ACP is 880 feet per second.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan43 View Post
    Screw you and all your Obama nuthugging asshat comrades.
    Kiss my ass. I am not your "boy" you silly shit.

Name
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by wbeck257 View Post
    She has been an announcer for supercross for the past four years -- I bet you she, (and the people who feed her questions) is plenty qualified to ask questions...
    Please man you would lose your ass on that bet, she just now started getting the riders names right. She is getting a lot better but she has no clue about TC on the dirt nor what to look for mechanically on a bike.
    Last edited by Ibleedgreen; 03-01-2011 at 12:41 AM.

Name
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by KTM Rider View Post
    No offense but JS7 himself is far from qualified to discuss it. Running TC or not, its all over his head. He rides the bike. Other people a lot smarter than him build and maintain it.
    I seriously doubt all that. But yes he gets paid to ride. If the guys were that smart that build and maintain his bike I think they would have done a lot better in the last 4 rounds of the motocross season. His set up was so bad it was not race worthy. It's all about testing set ups and no matter how good the crew is it doesn't mean squat without his input. If you seriously think that all that input is over the fastest guy on dirts head I think you may want to rethink what you know about mx riding.

Is it because he's black and faster than you that you hate him?

Name
    Michael
    Bike(s)
    Bikeless...
    Call it what u want, it wasn't a legit block pass and Reed was too far behind to make that move. It was out of desperation and the only chance he had, but it was poor judgement and he didn't have the position.

Quote Originally Posted by chkaotic View Post
    The way I see it, yes.. Reed ran deep and wrecked them both.. he made a mistake.. Stewart still got up and going first, and then Reed, so the distance between them didn't really change.. and then Reed made the move at the checkered to win, so either way, Reed beat Stewart, and imho it had nothing to do with the wreck.. all that did was shift them both down 2 places.
    you ride dirt bikes?

I was sitting at that corner, Reed did a 100 % textbook block pass, and executed perfect, he setup the double before the turn so he had a straight line to the inside apex to square off in front of stewart, stewart knew it was coming, he did the exact same move the lap before, but stewart choose to WOT instead of cut to the inside, and that cost him, stewart did the same move on reed the lap before, only reed backed off but could not get the drive to stay in front

reed was faster all night IMO, he passed stewart, which is rare, I thought it was gonna be a sleeper run away event, but reed got past, and was faster until stewarts teammate turned into a roadblock on the 2nd to last lap, every time stewart got close he made a mistake and could not get around, and then that last turn blocking cost stewart the podium

again, reeds pass was 100 % textbook, you see that pass every race weekend, most of the time riders cut to the inside instead of plow into the blockpasser

what surprised me is why stewart did that pass on the 2nd to last lap, he had to KNOW that he was gonna get block passed in the same spot he did it
    Last edited by MrBlah; 03-01-2011 at 08:38 AM.

Here you can see stewart do the same move on reed the lap before

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SyY5E...eature=related

this one you can see dungy make the pass for 2nd while stewart tries hard to keep reed from block passing again

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2PqWt...layer_embedded

this is dirt bike racing at it's finest, the only dirty move was stewarts teammate ignoring the lapper flags and blocking reed for a long time

Name
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBlah View Post
    Reed did a 100 % textbook block pass, and executed perfect, he setup the double before the turn so he had a straight line to the inside apex to square off in front of stewart, stewart knew it was coming, he did the exact same move the lap before, but stewart choose to WOT instead of cut to the inside, and that cost him, stewart did the same move on reed the lap before, only reed backed off but could not get the drive to stay in front
    I agree 100%, I think just maybe Stewart thought he was just far enough ahead to get WOT and get away before Reed got there. His mistake and it cost him.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBlah View Post
    reed was faster all night IMO, he passed stewart, which is rare, I thought it was gonna be a sleeper run away event, but reed got past, and was faster until stewarts teammate turned into a roadblock on the 2nd to last lap, every time stewart got close he made a mistake and could not get around, and then that last turn blocking cost stewart the podium
    This I don't agree with. As I posted before Stewart got cross rutted and almost washed out before the crew chiefs and Reed got by. At that point Stewart actually did the smart thing and rode behind him. I think he should have gone a little sooner and not left all the games for the last lap. If you actually follow the series and watch Bubba's style you know he had some in reserve. He just didn't execute how he needed to.

The ONLY way Reed is faster than Bubba is when he can get into his head right behind him and cause mistakes. He knows it. Flat out, Stewart is a good bit faster.

The other issue here too is James 100% healthy? He hasn't showed me that yet this season. But hey, it makes for good racing. It gives everybody else the confidence they need to ride with him. Huge boost for Reed.

stewart made a few pass attempts though, and never pulled it off, he bobbled on the straight after the whoops 3-4 laps and coudl not get the pass in the whoops a few times

and dont forget, reed was WAY ahead, what 7 seconds ahead? he built up a huge lead, he was quite a bit faster than stewart, That's HUGE in supercross, until he caught stewarts team mate who became a moving roadblock
    Last edited by MrBlah; 03-01-2011 at 10:04 AM.

Name
    Frank
    Bike(s)
    Yuppie Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Ibleedgreen View Post
    I seriously doubt all that. But yes he gets paid to ride. If the guys were that smart that build and maintain his bike I think they would have done a lot better in the last 4 rounds of the motocross season. His set up was so bad it was not race worthy. It's all about testing set ups and no matter how good the crew is it doesn't mean squat without his input. If you seriously think that all that input is over the fastest guy on dirts head I think you may want to rethink what you know about mx riding.

Is it because he's black and faster than you that you hate him?
    No its because he thinks he is God's gift to the world on a dirtbike....when in reality he just happens to be "the guy" right now. Look back at history and tell me if any of the sport's prior champions acted the way he does.

Oh his performance sucked the last half of last year's outdoor season because he was shooting a TV show instead of training to ride. Hell he routinely pulls stunts (even stunts documented on his show) with his sponsors that would get any other rider shitcanned. He thinks he is the shit.....and its only because people have hyped him up not because he is better than any champion who has come before him or who will come after him. His "perfect season" is what people talk about. Last I checked RC did that twice...in a row And Dungey pulled off the Championship in both the indoors and the outdoors in the same year....his ROOKIE year! I dont recall JS7 doing that. I hate him because he gets all the hype but rarely produces results.

This thread started because of Reed block passing him. Would you be ok with things had JS7 landed on Reed instead?
    The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .45 ACP is 880 feet per second.

Screw you and all your Obama nuthugging asshat comrades.
    Kiss my ass. I am not your "boy" you silly shit.

Name
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by KTM Rider View Post
    No its because he thinks he is God's gift to the world on a dirtbike....when in reality he just happens to be "the guy" right now. Look back at history and tell me if any of the sport's prior champions acted the way he does.

Oh his performance sucked the last half of last year's outdoor season because he was shooting a TV show instead of training to ride. Hell he routinely pulls stunts (even stunts documented on his show) with his sponsors that would get any other rider shitcanned. He thinks he is the shit.....and its only because people have hyped him up not because he is better than any champion who has come before him or who will come after him. His "perfect season" is what people talk about. Last I checked RC did that twice...in a row And Dungey pulled off the Championship in both the indoors and the outdoors in the same year....his ROOKIE year! I dont recall JS7 doing that. I hate him because he gets all the hype but rarely produces results.

This thread started because of Reed block passing him. Would you be ok with things had JS7 landed on Reed instead?
    He is kind of is a gift to mx racing. So was RC, McGrath, Johnson, Hannah and so on....
    Reed is a bigger prick than Stewart could ever be. As for the outdoors he wasn't cleared to ride from his injury until just before the 4 final rounds. No test time on a brand new bike.
    Dungey was in the right place at the right time. Had Stewart, Villapoto or Reed been involved he wouldn't have gotten either of the championships. I think it's obvious this year.

To make something very clear I don't have a favorite in MX right now. It's all about my boys, they love Dungey so I cheer him on. My hero was Damon Bradshaw.

Stop hating on the black man!