Rotating banners with links
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
    Bike(s)
    2007 Triumph Daytona 675
    While it is unrealistic to ever extect it to take place, I wish that anybody that steals a vehicle like that who gets caught, would be hanged in the towne square. I know it sounds barbaric, but years ago, if you stole a horse they would do that to you. And I am pretty sure that crime rates back then were less than they are now.

I am all for modern society and all that it offers, but at the same time I think that as far as criminals go, we need to return to a simpler time. You do a major crime, you pay the major price and we all call it a day and move on.

People turn to crime because in most cases it is easy, and the punishment isn't all that bad. If you are so desperate that turning to stealing bikes in a "good option", then your life probably sucks to the point that spending a year in jail getting fed, cable TV and internet probably isn't much worse.

But if caught, you knew you would have a public execution, I bet that most of those thugs would make the extra effort to just get a damned job...

Glad you got your bike back.

To the OP: Very glad to hear the good news, congrats. I'm glad they didn't butcher your bike!

Quote Originally Posted by SquireSCA View Post
    While it is unrealistic to ever extect it to take place, I wish that anybody that steals a vehicle like that who gets caught, would be hanged in the towne square. I know it sounds barbaric, but years ago, if you stole a horse they would do that to you. And I am pretty sure that crime rates back then were less than they are now.

I am all for modern society and all that it offers, but at the same time I think that as far as criminals go, we need to return to a simpler time. You do a major crime, you pay the major price and we all call it a day and move on.

People turn to crime because in most cases it is easy, and the punishment isn't all that bad. If you are so desperate that turning to stealing bikes in a "good option", then your life probably sucks to the point that spending a year in jail getting fed, cable TV and internet probably isn't much worse.

But if caught, you knew you would have a public execution, I bet that most of those thugs would make the extra effort to just get a damned job...

Glad you got your bike back.
    Nice. I agree actually. Thieves are scum. While they're stealing the things working people earn, they're most likely getting entitlements. Like you said, there's lack of incentive for the thieves to change their lifestyle and get a damn job.