Rotating banners with links
+ Reply to Thread

Bike suggestions

Looking for a trail bike for my wife. She's 5'4" so I need something that doesnt sit so high.
    I was thinking CRF150F. She has a lot of street riding experience so I dont want her to get
    bored of the power. Will the 150 be enough?

Name
    Frank
    Bike(s)
    Yuppie Machine
    The problem with small(er) bikes that would fit a 5'4" person correctly is that there are limited choices if you want something other than an air cooled 4 stroke trail bike. The only proper sized bike with good suspension, motor and brakes would be the CRF150R or RB but that is a MX bike and not a good all around bike. A KX100 or KTM 105 can be adapted but still are originally geared more towards MX. Nobody makes a true mid size woods or high(er) end trail bike.

I only mention all that because while the CRF150F is a great bike for its intended audience, it is heavy for what it is (like either just below or just above 200 lbs (cant remember)) and doesnt make a lot of power. Great for a beginner perhaps but easily outgrown by someone who has "a lot of street riding experience". It probably makes 9 hp. My wife is 5'2" and we bought her a full size bike and cut the suspension down internally. MX Tuner did it. A 250F could be a good bike for that or perhaps even better a KTM 200 XCW.
    The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .45 ACP is 880 feet per second.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan43 View Post
    Screw you and all your Obama nuthugging asshat comrades.
    Kiss my ass. I am not your "boy" you silly shit.

Thanks for the information. Im going to stick her on my pit bike (CRF100) till I find something for her. Im sure she will be mad the first time we going riding

Name
    Frank
    Bike(s)
    Yuppie Machine
    Yeah or you could go to HP and rent her different bikes until she found one she was comfortable with from a power and weight perspective and then lower it as needed. It much easier to lower a full size bike than make a smaller one have more power and since the KTM 200XCW probably weighs the same as a CRF150F its really no different there. A lot more room to grow into the bigger bike.
    The average response time of a 911 call is over 3 minutes....the response time of a .45 ACP is 880 feet per second.

Screw you and all your Obama nuthugging asshat comrades.
    Kiss my ass. I am not your "boy" you silly shit.

Yeah thats another option. I have had a few of my motards lowered internally so I know the drill.