Rotating banners with links
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Welp, picked up a 09 YFZ450R for myself and an 09 Raptor 350 (YFM350) for the girlfriend. Spent the whole day Sunday at Highland Park Resort, had a blast. The girlfriend is loving it, so much so that she's pre-planning trips for the weekends ahead. Guess we're hooked, its a great getaway from the usual.

Both bikes are gently used , the YFZ450R is absolutely mint and the Raptor 350 while clean has signs of use (trail scratches). The Raptor 350 is in dire need of a new air filter, which I will take care of this week. It's also near impossible to find neutral once it gets hot. Seems to be a common thing on the Raptor 350's / Warriors, noticed a few guys recommend changing to thicker trans oil. She rode the YFZ450R which has nerf bars installed and immediately asked if we could get some for the Raptor 350. Also ordered her some ASV levers, hopefully we'll be able to adjust them a little closer for her tiny hands. I have no complaints with the YFZ450R, its tons of fun, rides amazing. We're extremely pleased with both purchases.
    Elegante Surfaces, LLC
    Custom Granite, Marble & Quartz Counter-tops.

'10 SVT RAPTOR
    '09 YAMAHA YFZ450R
    '08 YAMAHA AR210

Name
    Jason
    Bike(s)
    2012 ZX10R
    Good choice, congrats.

Name
    Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by robb86 View Post
    Welp, picked up a 09 YFZ450R
    Nice! I've owned and raced 2 of the new YFZ450s. Solid quad for sure. What color is it? I have a complete G4 grundge graphics kit for it if you want to customize it some (has #48 number plates too). Probably have a few other things lying around too.

Name
    Chris
    Man I miss that quad! Here was my 09...

A shot from Durhamtown...

Name
    Jason
    Bike(s)
    2012 ZX10R
    You sure dont keep anything long do you.

Bike(s)
    Honda Cbr 600RR
    Quote Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
    You sure dont keep anything long do you.
    Some people buy and sell all the time if Bikes/quads could be leased i'm sure people would figure a way out (Haha).
    Last edited by Georgiacbr; 11-12-2011 at 04:46 PM.
    - I'm Eric and I approve this message

Name
    Jason
    Bike(s)
    2012 ZX10R
    Yea I got friends that do that too and dont have room to talk myself.

Name
    Chris
    You are right but I also work for a magazine and I constantly have different models that I test and beat on. That 450R above was one of the first ones released.

Here is another build I'm almost done with for all you KTM fans out there...

And here is the new dirtbike.... the new 450 is saaaweeet!

We were out at Highland Park again yesterday, we're still probably some of the slowest folks on the trials. I prefer to ride at my girlfriends pace for the time being, her riding skills has been improving quite a bit each session. She's asking a lot of questions and more eager to try different things each go around and of course she's going a little faster as she's getting more comfortable. I have no complaints though, even riding at her slower pace is a ton of fun. We want to give Durham Town a try, maybe this weekend but we were hoping to go a weekday. We're still waiting on her ASV levers and nerf bars to get here. She also watched a few videos of 350's with wider front ends, they looked more a ton more stable around the turns but going with wider a-arms and extended rear axle looks to be expensive, will still do some research on just some 1.5" spacers up front.

Ibleedgreen, those are some uber sick quads!

Mine is white with the red frame, it already had some (mint condition) goodies installed when I bought it; Pro-Armor full nerf bars and chassis skid, Duncan Racing full exhaust, intake and MSD Blaster EFI

Loving the sleek clean look of it, would like to add a pro-armor front bumper, swing-arm skid and then some better tires. It gets a little rough on some of the Highland Park trails, I was wondering how much it the suspension can be softened-up without compromising the handling too much? Thing handles like crazy though, its an amazing quad.

Elegante Surfaces, LLC
    Custom Granite, Marble & Quartz Counter-tops.

'10 SVT RAPTOR
    '09 YAMAHA YFZ450R
    '08 YAMAHA AR210

Name
    Jason
    Bike(s)
    2012 ZX10R
    I see you have the rocket ron tweeked shocks, he did mine too. robb86 quad looks good and I really like that raptor.